The Pausa in Mössingen. Since 1919 she carries a nearly 100-year-old history with many ups and downs. Ultimately, the textile company had to resign in 2005 their businesses. In 2006, the city set itself the task of taking over the area and having it completely redesigned.
The concept of this transformation is divided into 3 parts, which all work in combination as well as independently.
The first part, the restaurant, is located on the right side of the former canteen building with an open kitchen and pleasant atmosphere. The guest room is located directly in front of the open kitchen as well as on the overlying gallery.
The second part of the remodeling is the exhibition area in the 12m high boiler house behind the canteen building. There are 3 floors designed for temporary collections, sculptures and other art objects as a tour. Starting on the top floor, which is accessed via a large staged staircase from the ground floor. The 3 floors themselves are connected by a staircase of their own to follow the tour of the basement from the top floor.
On the left side of the former canteen building is the last part and the core of the design. The market hall, with its many possibilities and open design, invites you to relaxed shopping in company. The place fits perfect for 4 local retailers. The stands each have a suspended ceiling with integrated lights for optimal illumination of the sales room. The floor of the stand is slightly raised and has an L-shaped sales line with storage space and presentation area. The stands are designed flexibly, so the benefits can be adjusted as desired, and have several storage facilities in the basement. The market hall will be the center of the new city center.
Project performance: 2x DIN A0 plans + 1:50 model.